Southern Command chief Major-General Tal Russo visited the house that was hit by a Qassam rocket Friday night in Eshkol Regional Council and advised Palestinian terror organizations to "come to their senses."
Following the recent escalation in rocket and mortar fire from the Gaza Strip into Israel, Maj. Gen. Russo noted that "there is anarchy inside the organizations in Gaza and also within Hamas. There is no control over there," he said.
Asked whether Israel was preparing for a second round of Operation Cast Lead, Russo said, "People are burnt out from the first Operation Cast Lead," adding that " it was up to the other side. Out goal is to let civilians live normal lives, and this is not exactly normal."
Early Saturday morning, two Qassam rockets were fired into Israel and landed in the Eshkol Regional Council. One of the rockets severely damaged a house, but no injuries were reported.
House hit by Qassam rocket (Photo: Herzel Yosef)
The Eshkol Regional Council spokesperson said another rocket apparently landed in an open field nearby.
The community that had been hit by the rocket is one of the four last communities in the Eshkol Regional Council that have yet to be installed with safe rooms, due to bureaucratic delays.
Eshkol Regional Council head Haim Yalin expressed anger over the bureaucratic impediments that were delaying the installation of fortified rooms in the community: "The government decision to install safe rooms was made back in January, but we are already at the end of March – and the bureaucracy is not letting us begin construction," he said.
- Follow Ynetnews on Facebook