Health Ministry website down after Iranian cyberattack

Pro-Iranian hacker group Al-Tahira claims responsibility for latest attack after series of similar incidents last week; 'Now our focus is on you,' group says on Telegram

Adir Yanko, Itamar Eichner |
Published: 07.17.22, 22:53
A group of hackers affiliated with Iran carried out a cyberattack on the website of the Health Ministry on Sunday, intermittently restricting access to the site from abroad.
  • Follow Ynetnews on Facebook and Twitter

  • Pro-Iranian group Al-Tahira claimed responsibility for the DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) attack, which disrupts a website's normal traffic by overwhelming the target or its surrounding infrastructure with a flood of internet traffic.
    1 View gallery
    האקר האקרים מתקפת סייבר אילוסטרציה
    האקר האקרים מתקפת סייבר אילוסטרציה
    (Photo: Reuters, Yoav Dudkevitch)
    The same group claimed Thursday that it hacked the Jerusalem Municipality website and the website of state-owned Rafael Advanced Defense Systems. On Monday, the pro-Iranian group also made the Tel Aviv Municipality site crash in the same way.
    A message on the hacker group's Telegram channel said: "In the name of God, Moses, and Muhammad, the actions of Shahid Abu Sayif al-Gharawi have begun."
    "The continued bombing of the Gaza Strip and the prevention of medicine shipments to the Palestinian territories, the economic siege of Iran, and the prevention of the arrival of treatments and COVID vaccines led to thousands of deaths, and now you stand against Russia for a Nazi capitalist regime in Ukraine. All of these will lead to your downfall. Now our focus is on you."
    Talkbacks for this article 0