The offer behind Meghan Markle’s dramatic return to Britain

Harry and Meghan are preparing to return to Britain after nearly seven years in California, as reports say the duchess is in early talks for a role in Guy Ritchie’s Netflix series ‘The Gentlemen’

|
Nearly 48 hours after reports emerged that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are preparing to return to Britain with their children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, a possible reason behind the surprise move has emerged: a major acting project for the Duchess of Sussex.
According to PEOPLE, Meghan has been offered a significant new acting project that could mark her biggest role since leaving “Suits” and reportedly helped shape the timing of the family’s return to Britain after six years and eight months in California.
מייגן מרקל
מייגן מרקל
Meghan Markle
(Photo: Jonathan Brady-Pool/Getty Images)
A spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex declined to comment on the report but did not deny that a project was in the works.
Royal correspondent Bronte Coy first reported details of the offer during an appearance on BBC Radio 4’s “Today” program. “I’m told it’s significant, and she’s very excited about it,” Coy said. Hours later, reports emerged that Meghan is in talks to join the third season of Guy Ritchie’s Netflix series “The Gentlemen.”
The discussions are reportedly still at an early stage. The series, starring Theo James, has not yet been renewed for a third season, while its second season is due to premiere on September 3. It is also unclear what role Meghan could play. Representatives for Netflix and Meghan declined to comment.
The development comes after reports earlier this week that Harry, Meghan and their two children are preparing to return to Britain in the coming days. Sources said the couple have already enrolled Archie and Lilibet in British schools.
מייגן מרקל
מייגן מרקל
(Photo: Aaron Chown/PA Images via Getty Images)
The reports immediately reignited speculation over why the Sussexes, who moved to California after stepping back from royal duties, would return after repeatedly raising concerns over security arrangements in Britain.
King Charles was reportedly surprised by the decision but eager to spend more time with his grandchildren, while Prince William and Kate Middleton were said to be deeply concerned about the impact of the Sussexes’ return.
Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams had initially suggested that Harry, rather than Meghan, was likely driving the move. “I don’t believe Meghan wanted to return, but Harry did,” Fitzwilliams said. “He had no role, literally. He made pathetic appearances on Meghan’s shows.” “They failed in America,” he added. “Meghan’s career never took off.”
The reports of a potential acting comeback, however, suggest a different picture. Harry’s father, King Charles, reportedly learned of the decision only days ago.
The move is not expected to be permanent. Harry and Meghan are reportedly planning to retain their California home as well as their vacation property in Portugal.
Comments
The commenter agrees to the privacy policy of Ynet News and agrees not to submit comments that violate the terms of use, including incitement, libel and expressions that exceed the accepted norms of freedom of speech.
""