Israel marked a national day of mourning on Sunday in honor of 45 people who perished in a stampede on Mount Meron during Lag BaOmer festivities last week, in what the country's biggest civilian disaster.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declared a day of mourning last week during a visit to scene of the tragedy. The police investigation into the circumstances of the tragedy in underway, with high-ranking Israeli officials being blamed for not appointing a body to oversee the annual event.
Flags were to fly at half-mask on all public buildings, military bases and Israeli embassies around the world as the country is grappling with the aftermath of the disaster.
Concerts and sporting events that were set to take place on Sunday have been postponed and a weekly cabinet meeting was canceled.
The Forensic Institute said earlier that all of the victims had been identified and but one had been released to the families for burial.
On Saturday evening, after the end of Shabbat, funerals of the victims resumed and 22 of the victims were laid to rest in cemeteries around the country. Among the dead were at least 10 children and teens under the age of 18.
"I only wish that we achieve even a small fraction of your stature in studies and holy devotion," Avigdor Chayut said, eulogizing his 13-year-old son, Yedidya, at a funeral in the town of Bnei Brak, near Tel Aviv.
In Tel Aviv, the city hall overlooking Rabin Square was lit up with the colors of the Israeli flag in solidarity with the victims and families in mourning.
Many of the city's residents gathered at the Habima Square and lit memorial candles for the dead.
In Jerusalem, memorial candles were projected onto the walls of the Old City to honor the dead.
Meanwhile, many have called for the establishment of a national commission of inquiry into the causes of the disaster, while Netanyahu wanted the government to head the probe.
The police conduct leading up to the stampede will be investigated by the Department of Internal Police Investigations unit in the Justice Ministry. On Sunday, Commander Salman Ibrahim was named as the one to head the probe.
Minister of Public Security Amir Ohana on Saturday said that he takes upon himself the responsibility but not the blame for the disaster.
Reuters contributed to this report